1 2019 Ver.
Hi, there! I'm Yiming Chen, a software engineer. I live in Shanghai currently.
I strongly believe that the meaning of life is to learn and grow. So I want to be a life-long learner. This blog is the collection of what I've learned along the way.
As a software engineer who want to make the world a little bit more Agile, I want to focus on these topics here.
- Agile Software Development
- Even though "Agile" is a word that comes with many widely different understandings, I still want to advocate for it in this blog. I wish more and more companies will apply the Agile Methodology to every level (from company management to writing code). Hopefully, this blog can push the needle a bit.
- Without learning TDD, I wouldn't make up my mind to become a software engineer. So I wouldn't stop talking about this topic here.
- Ruby introduced my to this industry (by helping me find my first internship at Strikingly Co.). More importantly, I would never forget the idea of focusing on programmer happiness, which is the goal Ruby was created for.
- Elixir is my current favorite programming language right now. It provides great efficiency. Meanwhile, it still keeps the goal of programming happiness in its core.
- To learn the power of Change, I started being involved in more management work since the end of 2018. I learned a lot stuffs that are out of the scope of coding, but are about the essence of software engineering (people).
2 2015 Ver.
- 陈一鸣 aka dsdshcym
- 现在上海五角场某大学 张江分校读大三
- Mac user / Vim user / Spacemacser (syl20bnr/spacemacs)